Norris Cotton Cancer Center is using the following strategies to achieve our mission and vision.
Goal 1: Advance cancer-related science and discovery, and ensure systems that deliver the highest quality of translational and clinical research.
- Embrace collaboration
- Develop translational cancer research
- Create an optimal environment for clinical cancer research
- Achieve synergy with other major academic initiatives at Dartmouth
Goal 2: Establish systems to ensure outstanding, patient-centered oncology care and innovation, from prevention and treatment to palliation and survivorship.
- Empower our clinical leadership and improve management performance
- Seek institutional collaboration in addressing challenges
- Create administrative structures to enhance patient care
Goal 3: Improve and enrich regional cancer care delivery systems in Northern New England.
- Establish new models for regional cancer care
- Implement a broad-based marketing strategy
Goal 4: Promote cancer prevention, education, and awareness.
- Lead cancer prevention efforts at the community, state, and regional levels
- Establish an Office of Community Education and Prevention
- Support cancer prevention research to implement interventions already known to be effective
- Encourage outcomes research to understand better the impact of specific prevention efforts
- Lead efforts to develop prevention initiatives key to the implementation of the State Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan