What Should I Bring to Transplant?
Garments and Apparel
- Pants and shirts
- Clothing should be comfortable and easy to remove. Cotton clothing is going to be less irritating on your skin and allows for air circulation to the skin.
- Tops should allow for easy access to your catheter site (tops that button up)
- Bring at least one item you can wear should you get cold.
- Cotton socks
- Cotton underwear
- NEW slippers
- Bathrobe or Housecoat
- Scarves, hats, or turbans.
- You may wear your wig to and from the hospital but we ask that you not wear it in the BMT unit. This will help to decrease scalp irritation.
- Gym shorts (if you are to have radiation)
Personal Hygiene Supplies
- A NEW toothbrush and toothpaste. You can use these as long as your WBC (white blood cell) count is high enough. You will be given a soft toothbrush and special toothpaste to use when your WBC is low.
- A pair of eyeglasses, if needed
- Hairbrush and comb
- Electric razor
Items you CANNOT use during transplant:
- Contact lenses
- Perfumed soaps and lotion (soap and lotion will be provided for you)
- Mouthwash (we will provided antibacterial mouthwash)
- Make-up or nail polish
Other items that CANNOT be brought into the BMT unit:
- Wool or animal fur
- Feather pillows (non-feather pillows and comforters are okay)
- About Blood & Marrow Transplants
- Who Can Have a Transplant?
- What's Involved in a Bone Marrow and Blood Stem Cell Transplant?
- What it is Like to be a Patient?
- What are the Results?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- Our Team
- About Our Team
- Our Beliefs and Values
- Other Team Members
- Your Role
- Clinical Trials