Deciding what is best for you and your Family
Shared decision making is a process that occurs over a series of counseling sessions. You may be given materials to take home to review and discuss. Though the process can vary depending on each case, patients and families often take the following steps to make a decision.
- Evaluate benefits and risks of each treatment option
- Clarify personal values as they relate to the risks and benefits
- Check the certainty of a decision
- Determine if you have enough information and support to make a decision
- Make a decision
- Check the certainty of your decision
This process helps make sure you are confident and comfortable with your decision.
Visit our Shared Decision Making Center