Patient and Family Support
We are here to help you take care of your mental and emotional well-being, and the well-being of your loved ones. We offer a wide range of support services including classes, support groups, and other services for patients with breast cancer and family caregivers. The Typical Patient Journey provides a tool to help you navigate the treatment process.
Video: A patient's introduction to breast cancer
care at Norris Cotton Cancer Center:
Classes and Support Groups
Patient and Family Support Services
Patient and Family Support Services can help you in a variety of ways. We provide support groups and services for women living with breast cancer and their families. We can also help you locate complementary services such as a massage therapy, Reiki, and meditation.
Exercise and Breast Cancer
Exercise enhances recovery from surgery, decreases side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, and helps to reduce risk of osteoporosis. We offer multiple exercise and nutrition programs, depending on your location. Some of the options are Lebed Method and Karate exercise classes, supermarket nutritional tours and cooking demonstrations. Our Patient and Family Support Services can help you to find what is available near you.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition: Breast Cancer Deadline 2020
- NH Breast Cancer Coalition
- Susan B. Komen Foundation
- The National Cancer Institute provides statistics on incidence, mortality, survival, lifetime risk, and prevalence of breast cancer.
- American Cancer Society
Geisel School of Medicine and DHMC Links
- The Biomedical Libraries located at Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and at DHMC can provide you with an abundance of information.
- The Matthews Fuller Health Sciences Library is located on Level 5 of DHMC. Map (PDF). Call (603) 650-7660 for more information.
- The Women's Health Resource Center provides you with information, advocacy, and support about health issues.