You can schedule a screening mammogram by calling the Mammography Section of DHMC's Radiology Department at (603) 650-8260.
At the Comprehensive Breast Program we thoroughly evaluate all patients to determine if their condition is benign, and if they need further diagnostic tests-including a diagnostic mammogram, ultrasound, or MRI-or treatment. Call us for a complete evaluation at (603) 653-3500.
Additional information about screening mammograms:
- You do not need a doctor's referral for a screening mammogram. This means that you can set up the appointment yourself, if you choose.
- Report to Reception 3L in the Doctors' Office Building at DHMC Lebanon for your appointment. Map (PDF).
- The screening takes about a half-hour.
- Wear no deodorant, powder, or perfume on the day of your screening mammogram.
- If you have film from a previous mammogram, please bring it to your appointment.
- Medicare patients must allow a full calendar year between screening mammograms, in order to be reimbursed by Medicare.
If the results from your screening mammogram are normal, you will receive a letter saying so within two weeks.
If the radiologist recommends further evaluation, a person from the Mammography Section will call you to set up an appointment for additional imaging. If breast cancer is detected, you will be referred to the Comprehensive Breast Program for further evaluation and treatment.
Learn more about screening mammograms from the National Cancer Institute.