It's Time to Think Prouty!
Forget the ice and snow, it’s time to jumpstart your Prouty game plan. Our new website will help.
Since its start in 1982, The Prouty has grown to become northern New England's largest charity fundraiser, bringing in more than $20 million to support cancer research and patient-centered care at the Norris Cotton Cancer Center. Walkers, cyclists, rowers, and golfers participate individually or form teams as coworkers, as a family, or as "open to all" groups for this two-day event. Some come because they want to make a difference in the fight against cancer. Others come to honor a patient in treatment, or a loved one lost to cancer.
Starting early makes Prouty-ing more fun!
The best way to fully enjoy the Prouty is to plan ahead: How far will you ride, row, or walk and when will you start training? Who will be in your foursome? Who will be on the team and what activity will they do? How will you raise funds? To help you get started, the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center team have been working since September to create a new website with registration information, fundraising ideas, videos, training tips—everything you need to know about the Prouty—collected into one easy to use tool.
The new Prouty website is easier to use, tablet and mobile friendly
"We wanted to organize all the information better, and to make the site more visually intuitive," says Rebecca Gray, senior program manager of the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center. "The new website is user friendly in variety of ways, and the design now works well on tablets and mobile phones.
- New to the Prouty? The menu bar running just above the photo banner has general information tabs (About, Register, Event Info, Fundraising, Sponsor, and Gallery) with drop down menus that take you to pages with more detailed information. The "Register" tab has information about all the events you can choose to participate in.
- Coming Back to Prouty? 65-75 percent of our participants have done The Prouty previously and know exactly what event they want to do. These folks can go directly to the tabs in the green square centered midway down the page. Clicking on the event tabs here (Ultimate, Cycling, Walking, Rowing, Golfing, Virtual, Volunteer) will take you to the start of the registration process.
Here are highlights from the new website:
- Fundraising tips: how to get started, ideas from past Prouty-ers, talk with a Prouty Fundraising Coach
- Starting a Prouty team? pointers from past team captains
- Where the money goes: Prouty dollars support NCCC researchers with creative ideas, helping them gather the preliminary data needed to compete for outside funding. Money raised through The Prouty also makes possible patient supportive services that support cancer patients and their families during treatment.
- Special 2014 fundraising incentive: If we can raise $100,000 more than last year the Jack & Dorothy Byrne Foundation will match it with an additional $100,000. We are hoping that every team and every cyclist, walker, rower, golfer. And corporate sponsor will raise a few more dollars to help us reach this match.
Last year The Prouty raised $2.75 million dollars; this year’s goal $3 million! Help fight cancer and join us for the 33rd Prouty on July 11 and 12, 2014.
February 10, 2014
Subscribe to the Focus Newsletter
Receive Focus Newsletter articles in your Inbox or via RSS Feed.