The office works with Patient & Family Support Services, and other Cancer Center programs, to match each volunteer with the Cancer Center's needs.
How to get started
- Call DHMC Volunteer Services at (603) 650-7056
- Fill out our Apply to Become a Volunteer form online
Examples of ways to help
- Reiki volunteers provide comfort to and relaxation for patients and family members.
- Comfort Cart volunteers distribute treats, visit with patients and their families, read to patients, or provide other help as needed.
- Our library provides information on a wide range of cancer-related topics. Volunteers are needed to help patients and other visitors find information and to keep the room organized and well stocked.
- In addition to volunteering at events, the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center sometimes needs clerical help, ranging from mailing assistance to data entry.