Volunteer in the Cancer Center
The office works with Patient & Family Support Services, and other Cancer Center programs, to match each volunteer with the Cancer Center's needs. To volunteer at Cancer Center locations such as Manchester, Keene, and St. Johnsbury, see our Volunteer at Other Locations page.
How to get started
- Call DHMC Volunteer Services at (603) 650-7056
- Fill out our Apply to Become a Volunteer form online
Examples of ways to help
- Reiki volunteers provide comfort to and relaxation for patients and family members.
- Comfort Cart volunteers distribute treats, visit with patients and their families, read to patients, or provide other help as needed.
- Our library provides information on a wide range of cancer-related topics. Volunteers are needed to help patients and other visitors find information and to keep the room organized and well stocked.
- In addition to volunteering at events, the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center sometimes needs clerical help, ranging from mailing assistance to data entry.