The Gynecologic Cancer Program provides expert diagnosis and treatment using advanced technologies and the latest, research-based treatments, including:
- We offer minimally invasive surgery when possible to all patients.
- We offer fertility sparing surgery and referral to Reproductive Endocrinology for assisted reproductive technologies such as oocyte retrieval and embryo storage for women desiring future pregnancy.
- Chemotherapy including intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is the advanced standard of care for ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancers. Instead of through the veins or in a pill, intraperitoneal chemotherapy is placed directly into the abdominal cavity to "bathe" the area where the tumor was removed, providing greater exposure to the cancer-killing drugs.
- Hormonal therapy.
- Advanced radiotherapy including high-dose rate brachytherapy.
- For patients with a strong family history of cancer, we offer genetic testing and risk assessment through our Familial Cancer Program.
- Clinical trials. As a member of the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), we offer new treatment being developed in clinical trials. GOG is a National Cancer Institute-sponsored organization promoting excellence in the quality and integrity of clinical and basic scientific research in the field of gynecologic malignancies.