Do Not Use Tobacco
Smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths. Tobacco contains 28 cancer-causing ingredients.There is no safe tobacco product.
- Set a good example; teach kids not to use tobacco.
- Set a date to quit if you use tobacco.
- If you don’t use tobacco, don’t start.
- Seek support if you want to quit.
- NH Quitline: (800) Try-To-Stop
- VT Quit Line: (877) Yes-Quit
- Quitting Smoking (Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center)
- Tobacco Prevention & Control Program (New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services)
- Tobacco Control (Vermont Department of Health)
Healthy Highlights Podcast: Smoking Cessation
The Healthy Highlights podcast series features interviews with Dartmouth-Hitchcock clinicians about various health topics. A new episode is released every two weeks.
In this series we speak with nurse practitioner Elizabeth Maislen and Tobacco Treatment Specialist Ellen Prior about quitting tobacco.
- Why is it So Hard to Quit Tobacco? (mp3, 21.9 MB, 18 minutes)
- Getting Motivated to Quit (mp3, 15.4 MB, 13 minutes)
- Creating a Quit Plan (mp3, 14.2 MB, 12 minutes)
- Smoking and Child Rearing (mp3, 12.8 MB, 11 minutes)
- Smoking and Teenagers (mp3, 9.3 MB, 8 minutes)
To download individual podcast episodes, just click on the links above. (To download using Internet Explorer, right-click the link and select Save Target As...)
When you subscribe to a podcast, new episodes will automatically be downloaded to your computer. Podcasts allow you to listen to a radio program or interview from your web browser, or on your portable media device (such as an iPod or other type of mp3 player).