Maintain a Healthy Weight & Activity
Being overweight substantially raises your risk of uterine, breast, colon, kidney, and other cancers. Regular exercise is linked to a lower risk of cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet with whole grains, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables.
- Reduce calories.
- Limit red meat and animal fat.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes, most days of the week.
- Limit intake of alcohol to 1 drink per day for women and 2 drinks per day for men.
- American Cancer Society's Guidelines on Nutrition and Physical Activity for Cancer Prevention, online at www.cancer.org