Patient & Family Support Services
Patient and Family Support Services offers a variety of free programs that enhance the well-being of patients and caregivers throughout the cancer journey.
To learn more about any of these programs:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Patient and Family Support Services at (603) 650-7751
- Call the Cancer Help Line at (800) 639-6918
Programs and Support Groups
Unless otherwise noted, our classes and programs are primarily located in Lebanon. Contact the location where you receive your care to find out what offerings are available near you, and also see our support group listings for Manchester and Keene, NH, and St. Johnsbury, VT.
Our telephone support groups are open to anyone living in New England, regardless of where they have received treatment.
** Most services take place on the third floor (Hematology/Oncology) and the second floor (Radiation/Oncology).
We also offer many of the same services in the inpatient unit (1 West). Please ask your nurse about the free programs you can attend.
Classes and American Cancer Society Programs
- Drop-In Arts and Crafts
- Lebed Method Exercise / Pam's Exercise Class
- Look Good, Feel Better
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Tai Chi Beginners Class
- Wig Bank
- Writing Group for Those Touched by Cancer and Other Life-Threatening Illnesses
Support groups are available at various locations and also by telephone.
Other Supportive Services and Resources
- Patient and Family Resource Library
- Dartmouth College Cancer Society
- Comfort Cart
- Newly knit caps and shawls
Supporting Patient and Family Support Services
All our programs, which are offered free of charge, are supported by grateful patients and corporate and institutional donors.
To add your support, please contact Deborah Steele, MA, Manager of Patient & Family Support Services, at (603) 650-7751 or Deborah.J.Steele@Hitchcock.org.