Neuro-Oncology / Brain Tumor Program
Focus on Neurologic / Brain Cancer
Our interdisciplinary team is made up of specialists from a variety of medical disciplines who work together to:
- Provide an expert diagnosis
- Develop the very best treatment plan
- Deliver a range of medical and supportive services focused on the individual and family, not just the disease
Part of a nationally recognized cancer research and treatment center, the Neuro-Oncology / Brain Tumor Program is an educational resource for patients, providers, and the community. We conduct innovative research and clinical trials according to the highest ethical standards. Our care combines scientific discoveries with the latest technology and treatment to provide the most advanced and comprehensive care for patients in northern New England.
- Our team of experts:: Highly trained specialists, focused on brain and nervous system cancers, provide diagnosis and treatment. Our team includes experts in neurosurgery, radiation oncology, medical neuro-oncology, neuropathology, and neuroradiology. We also offer services in neuro-endocrinology, neuro-ophthalmology, and epilepsy, as well as neuropsychological evaluation and cognitive rehabilitation.
- Our integrated and interdisciplinary approach:: Patient cases are presented and discussed in an interdisciplinary tumor board, to determine the best treatment plan and ensure coordinated care. We have separate interdisciplinary tumor boards for:
- Brain and nervous system cancers
- Pituitary tumors
- Spine cancers, coordinated with the Spine Center at DHMC
- Patient- and family-centered care:: Our team includes a dedicated social worker, and we offer a range of education and services, such as nutrition and palliative care, to enhance comfort and quality of life from the moment of diagnosis through all phases of treatment.
- Support groups and services
- Patient resource binders with brain tumor information
- Annual meeting for patients and caregivers
- Annual educational symposium for community practitioners about caring for brain tumor patients
- Basic and clinical research:: Our doctors and scientists are making new discoveries about brain and nervous system cancers, and developing novel treatments through clinical trials.
- Specialized care region-wide:: In addition to our Lebanon hub, we provide neurosurgery and neuro-oncology consultations in Manchester, and patients can elect to receive chemotherapy and/or radiation in one of our regional locations.