Decision Points for Medicines
Decision Points are designed to guide you through key health decisions, combining medical information with your personal information to make a wise health decision. Click on a link below to learn more about medicines for your condition:
- Acne: Should I Take Isotretinoin for Severe Acne?
- ADHD: Should My Child Take Medicine for ADHD?
- Allergies: Should I Take Allergy Shots?
- Allergies: Should I Take Shots for Insect Sting Allergies?
- Alzheimer's Disease: Should I Take Medicines?
- Aspirin: Should I Take Daily Aspirin to Prevent a Heart Attack or Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Take an Anticoagulant to Prevent Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take To Prevent Stroke?
- Bed-Wetting: Should I Do Something About My Child's Bed-Wetting?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Chemotherapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer?
- Bronchitis: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Depression: Should I Stop Taking My Antidepressant?
- Depression: Should I Take an Antidepressant?
- Depression: Should I Take Antidepressants While I'm Pregnant?
- Depression: Should My Child Take Medicine to Treat Depression?
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding: Should I Use Hormone Therapy?
- Ear Infection: Should I Give My Child Antibiotics?
- Ear Problems: Should My Child Be Treated for Fluid Buildup in the Middle Ear?
- Endometriosis: Should I Use Hormone Therapy?
- Enlarged Prostate: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Try Injection Treatments?
- Flu Vaccines: Should I Get a Flu Vaccine?
- Flu: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine?
- GERD: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Hair Loss: Should I Take Medicine to Regrow Hair?
- Headaches: Should I Take Medicine to Prevent Migraines?
- Headaches: Should I Take Prescription Medicine for Tension Headaches?
- Hepatitis B: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine for Chronic Hepatitis B?
- Hepatitis C: Should I Take Antiviral Medicine?
- High Blood Pressure: Should I Take Medicine?
- High Cholesterol: Should I Take Statins?
- HIV: Should I Start Taking Antiretroviral Medicines for HIV Infection?
- HPV: Should I Get the Vaccine?
- HPV: Should My Child Get the Vaccine?
- Hyperthyroidism: Should I Use Antithyroid Medicine or Radioactive Iodine?
- Hysterectomy and Oophorectomy: Should I Use Estrogen Therapy (ET)?
- Infertility: Should I Have Treatment?
- Insomnia: Should I Take Sleeping Pills?
- Menopause: Should I Use Hormone Therapy (HT)?
- Miscarriage: Should I Have Treatment to Complete a Miscarriage?
- Multiple Sclerosis: Should I Start Taking Medicines for MS?
- Nail Infection: Should I Take Antifungal Pills?
- Obesity: Should I Take Weight-Loss Medicine?
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Should I Take Medicine for OCD?
- Osteoporosis: Should I Take Bisphosphonate Medicines?
- Panic Disorder: Should I Take Medicine?
- PMS: Should I Try an SSRI Medicine for My Symptoms?
- Prediabetes: Which Treatment Should I Use?
- Pregnancy: Should I Have an Epidural During Childbirth?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Have Radiation or Surgery for Localized Prostate Cancer?
- Quitting Smoking: Should I Use Medicine?
- Shingles: Should I Get a Shot to Prevent Shingles?
- Sinusitis: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Sore Throat: Should I Take Antibiotics?
- Type 2 Diabetes: Should I Take Insulin?
- Uterine Fibroids: Should I Use GnRH-a Therapy?
- Vaginal Yeast Infection: Should I Treat It Myself?
- Warts: Should I Treat Warts?
- Weight Management: Should I Use Over-the-Counter Diet Aids?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Last Revised||July 3, 2013|
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.