Members of the Cancer Control Research Program are investigating the following areas:
- Movie and marketing influences on adoption of tobacco, alcohol, and eating behaviors during adolescence, with a goal of developing effective interventions that address these behaviors.
- Comparative effectiveness of emerging cancer screening and treatment technologies
- Health care practice variation and health care reform studies that characterize how changing policies are affecting cancer care and outcomes
- Effective communication of the benefits and harms of cancer screening and treatments to foster informed choice through effective decision support.
- Geospatial research, addressing how local geography and the built environment affect cancer-causing behaviors, care access, and cancer outcomes (emerging theme).
- Tobacco regulatory research, to assist the Food and Drug Administration in tobacco industry regulation (emerging theme).