In addition to six National Cancer Institute-reviewed Research Programs, cancer research also is conducted through nationally funded Specialized Research Centers, which serve as regional or national resources for collaboration within Dartmouth and with other institutions. Research Centers foster research and development activities that create a multidisciplinary focus on a disease or biomedical problem.
Currently those centers include the following.
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research in Cancer Imaging
- Dartmouth Center of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence
- EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems
Affiliated Research Centers at Dartmouth
The following centers and programs are located at Dartmouth College, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, or Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and are affiliated with Norris Cotton Cancer Center and cancer research.
- Animal Care and Use Program
- Biomedical NMR Research Center
- Center for Environmental Health Sciences at Dartmouth
- Center for Immunotherapy
- Computational Genetics Laboratory
- Dartmouth Advanced Imaging Center
- Dartmouth Center for Clinical and Translational Science (SYNERGY)
- Dartmouth Immunology COBRE
- Dartmouth Lung Biology Center
- Hood Center for Children and Families
- Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Sciences (iQBS)
- The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- The Program in Experimental and Molecular Medicine (PEMM)
- Neuroscience Center at Dartmouth
- New Hampshire Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (NH-INBRE)