Stories: Prevention and EducationIn This Section
- Sunscreen: Not Just for Summer
Just because its winter doesnt mean you can put away your sunscreen. If youre spending time outdoors, you can still get sunburned just as easily during the winter months.
- Got Kids? Test Your Well Water for Arsenic
Consuming water with arsenic levels exceeding the Environmental Protection Agencys (EPAs) maximum contaminant level (MCL) is not recommended and may pose health risks.
- Take These 5 Steps to Stem Your Risk for Breast Cancer
You might be able to lower your risk for breast cancer by following these lifestyle strategies.
- Are You at Risk for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men according to the American Cancer Society. Learn about the risk factors and general prostate health.
- Genetic Counseling: Beneficial for You and Your Family
Genetic counseling supports individuals and families in making decisions about the risk of an inherited disorder, taking into account the patients values and preferences.
- A Colonoscopy Saved My Life: It Could Save Yours, Too.
Dont wait for symptoms. Learn from a Dartmouth-Hitchcock doctor who was diagnosed and treated for colon cancer.