Stories: CancerIn This Section
- Where Do Prouty Donations Go? Spring 2018By Lara Stahler
Thanks to community-raised Prouty Pilot funding, Norris Cotton Cancer Center researchers and their Dartmouth collaborators are underway with novel cancer research.
- Downhill Skier Fighting an Uphill Battle. Andy GlussBy Lara Stahler
From Andy Glusss perspective, weekly blood tests and regular transfusions for a blood disorder qualify him as a frequent flyer in Norris Cotton Cancer Centers Hematology unit.
- For Better and For Worse. Michael & Gloria LopezBy Lara Stahler
Husband and wife, Michael and Gloria Lopez, share their story of nearly identical lung cancer diagnoses two years apart, and their love for the doctor who was there for them every step of the way.
- What's Happening with Pancreatic Cancer Research at NCCC?By Lara Stahler
NCCCs leading pancreatic cancer research experts highlight groundbreaking research projects and clinical trials underway for this challenging cancer, and offer thoughts on what the future holds.
- Where do Prouty Donations Go? Fall, 2017By Lara Stahler
The five newest Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center pilot research projects are underway, funded by money raised at the 35th annual Prouty.
- Mustering Both Science and Human Nature to Face Prostate CancerBy Lara Stahler
Microbiologist and engineer Dick Poulin relied on science probabilities to make decisions about how to face prostate cancer, and the nature of human touch and kindness to help him through it.