Stories: NCCCIn This Section
- Where do Prouty Donations Go? Fall, 2017By Lara Stahler
The five newest Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center pilot research projects are underway, funded by money raised at the 35th annual Prouty.
- Mustering Both Science and Human Nature to Face Prostate CancerBy Lara Stahler
Microbiologist and engineer Dick Poulin relied on science probabilities to make decisions about how to face prostate cancer, and the nature of human touch and kindness to help him through it.
- New Protection for Prostate Cancer Patients Undergoing Radiation TherapyBy Lara Stahler
D-H's NCCC is the only hospital in Northern New England to offer a hydrogel that protects organs adjacent to the prostate, reducing side effects for patients undergoing radiation for prostate cancer.
- Something for Everyone in the Fight Against CancerBy Lara Stahler
Specialists and trainees from across the Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC) and Dartmouth College, welcomed incoming director Dr. Steven Leach, and mobilize in the fight against cancer.
- NCCC Melanoma Research Goes Skin-Deep in a New Clinical TrialBy Lara Stahler
Still enjoying life eight years after being given a six percent chance of surviving metastatic melanoma, Nancy Calder joins a new NCCC clinical trial to contribute to finding a cure.
- A New Option For Some Patients in Need of Stem Cell TransplantBy Lara Stahler
NCCC's Blood and Marrow Transplant Program now safely offers haploidentical (half-match) stem cell transplants to patients with blood cancers and disorders.