Patient and Family Resource Library
Located on Level 2 of the Cancer Center next to the Radiation Oncology waiting room (2K), our resource library is staffed part-time Monday through Friday during the day by our library volunteers. If there isn't a volunteer present to guide you, please call us at (603) 650-7751.
Our library has comfortable reading and sitting areas as well as a computer and printer for patient and family use.
- Most of the items in the collection may be checked out by patients with cancer and family members and by Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and DHMC staff.
- Books may be signed out on the honor system; a binder with sign-out sheets sits on the library desk. A slotted box for the deposit of your completed forms sits next to the binder.
- A small number of reference books may only be used in the vicinity of the library.
- Four items may be checked out per person at a time.
- Items may be checked out for three weeks. One renewal allowed. Some exceptions are allowable. You can renew your book by calling our office at (603) 650-7751.
- If you cannot return your books in person, please pick up a postage-paid return envelope in which to mail your books. This can make borrowing and returns convenient, should you have a long distance to travel or might not return to the hospital for some time.
Recent additions to the library include Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Schreiber, Integrative Oncology by Donald Abrams, Reiki Energy Medicine: Bringing Healing Touch into Home, Hospital and Hospice by Libby Barnett and Acupuncture: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know by Gary Fleischman. Health-related newsletters, magazines and brochures can also be found in the library.
Patient and Family Support Services
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00 p.m.
After hours you may leave a message, and we will return your call the next business day.
Photo Gallery of the Opening Reception
The Patient and Family Resource Library held an opening reception in April, 2010. View a photo gallery from the event.