Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being, and the well-being of your loved ones is an important part of your care journey. We offer a wide range of support services including classes, support groups, and other services for patients with breast cancer and family caregivers. The Typical Patient Journey provides a tool to help you navigate the treatment process.
Patient and Family Support Services
Patient and Family Support Services can help you in a variety of ways including connecting you with classes and individual or group support.
Exercise and Breast Cancer
Exercise enhances recovery from surgery, decreases side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, and helps to reduce risk of osteoporosis. We offer multiple exercise and nutrition programs, depending on your location. Some of the options are Lebed Method and Karate exercise classes, supermarket nutritional tours and cooking demonstrations. Our Patient and Family Support Services can help you to find what is available near you.
Additional support and information
- CancerCare - CancerCare provides support, stories of hope and resources for patients, survivors, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition: Breast Cancer Deadline 2020 focuses on eliminating breast cancer through advocacy and action.
- NH Breast Cancer Coalition is a grassroots organization who advocates for and provides assistance to New Hampshire residents with breast cancer.
- Susan B. Komen Foundation dedicated to supporting research which can prevent and cure breast cancer.
- The National Cancer Institute provides statistics on incidence, mortality, survival, lifetime risk, and prevalence of breast cancer.
- Cancer.net - information to help patients understand all levels of their diagnosis and care.
- American Cancer Society
- The Matthews Fuller Health Sciences Library is located on Level 5 of DHMC. Map (PDF) and provides access to the Geisel School of Medicine BioMedical Libraries. Call (603) 650-7660 for more information.
- The Women's Health Resource Center provides you with information, advocacy, and support about health issues.