Learn About Your Diagnosis
The team at NCCC understands that a diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming for you and your loved ones. You may not know where to begin or what questions to ask. Understanding your specific type of cancer, or cancer-related syndrome, is essential to informed decision making.
This section offers tips and resources to help you begin to understand your diagnosis.
- Cancer Care Programs & Topics: Learn specific information about your diagnosis, treatment at NCCC and support options by visiting the specific Cancer Program related to your diagnosis.
- Your Care Team: At the Cancer Center your care is carefully considered by a team of oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, nurses and other specialists working together to collaborate on recommendations for your individualized treatment program.
- Terminology: Reference this glossary of common terms you may encounter when speaking with your care team or reviewing reference materials.
- Symptoms and Side Effects: Each treatment has its own very specific symptoms or side effects, but this list provides an understanding of the more common effects.
- Clinical Trials: The Cancer Center has many clinical trials which help treat various stages of diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Get a Second Opinion: At Norris Cotton Cancer Center, you may obtain a second opinion from an individual specialist or from a group of professionals that will include experts in diagnosing and treating the kind of cancer you have.