Speed Congenics Services
- Mouse 5307 SNPs; Genome-wide Genetic Background Analysis
- Mouse 5307 SNPs; 2-Strain Genetic Analysis
- Mouse 5307 SNPs; 3-Strain Genetic Analysis
- Mouse genomic DNA Extraction (tail)
- Near Future: PCR based TG/KO genotyping (Currently beta-testing at no cost)
We are always available to discuss any potential projects, or to provide advice to set up your mouse lines for breeding.
Using our Services
Mouse SNP Genotyping Service
- Visit our website (geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/dartmouse). Download, complete, and return our accession form.
- Upon receipt, we will contact you to discuss the project, usually within one business day.
- Following review and approval by our lab, users submit tail clippings for each mouse they would like analyzed. These tail clippings should be between 0.5cm and 1.0cm in length, and placed in well labeled containers, such as microcentrifuge tubes.Tissue samples are preferred to previously extracted DNA (although DNA is acceptable in some cases).
- Once our lab has received these samples, we will analyze each sample fully, and return chromosome maps and a formal written report to you within 14 business days.
- Billing will take place following completion of the project and following receipt of the results.
- At the present time, we can only extract DNA from mouse tissue for researchers located at Dartmouth College or the DHMC campus.
- For DNA extraction services, prepare a list of the samples you plan on submitting for extraction. If you are planning to bring more than 20 samples for extraction at one time, email our lab to let us know.
- Place each tissue sample into a well labeled microcentrifuge tube.
- Bring the samples to the lab, and make sure you drop them off with one of our employees.
- The extracted DNA, along with a sheet with the DNA concentrations and purity will be ready for pick-up the next day.
- Shared Resources List
- Biostatistics and Bioinformatics (BBISR) Shared Resource
- Clinical Pharmacology (CP)
- Genomics and Molecular Biology Shared Resources (GMBSR)
- Immune Monitoring and Flow Cytometry Resource (IMFC)
- Irradiation, Pre-clinical Imaging and Microscopy Resource (IPIM)
- Mouse Modeling (MM)
- Office of Clinical Research
- Pathology Shared Resource (PSR)
- Trace Element Analysis (TEA)
- RaDar Service Request System
- Office for Cancer Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Regional Cancer Research Shared Resources
- Acknowledgments and Authorship
- Equipment Sale Protocol
- Instrument Request Form