NCCC's Community Outreach and Engagement initiative is focused on understanding and addressing the cancer control needs and health equity issues of Vermont and New Hampshire. NCCC's Community Advisory Board was formed to help NCCC improve the health of the community we serve.
The board is comprised of community members, cancer survivors, representatives from community organizations, and community-focused researchers and healthcare partners. They provide guidance to the leaders of NCCC’s Community Outreach & Engagement initiative and to NCCC’s research programs.
Provide guidance on the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center’s community engagement, outreach, and research initiatives, ensuring that they meet the needs of New Hampshire’s and Vermont’s populations—particularly rural populations and people whose circumstances have made them vulnerable to poor health.
- Describe the community’s cancer prevention and control needs and cancer-related health disparities
- Identify outreach and education opportunities that are responsive to the community’s needs
- Provide guidance on the community’s cancer research interests and needs to inform NCCC’s research programs
- Generate ideas for engaging and partnering with the community in research
- Identify opportunities to engage the community with information learned through research and to translate research findings into community-based interventions
Engaging with the Community Advisory Board
NCCC Investigators interested in engaging with the Community Advisory Board can contact our Community Outreach and Engagement initiative team at NCCC.Community.Outreach@dartmouth.edu.