Rubin Room 622
Darmouth Cancer Center
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
We support the generation and utilization of genetically modified mice for members of the Dartmouth research community. We offer a wide variety of services that assist researchers in construct design and creation of novel transgenic mice. We also offer mice with a human immune system that allows our investigators a better way to study the virus and other human infections.
Steven Fiering, PhD
Our lab studies the cancer immunology of ovarian and melanoma cancers. We are using treatments with bacteria or nano-particles to decrease or eliminate tumors.
Jennifer Fields, BS
Jennifer is a veterinary technologist/research assistant. She has extensive skills in creating transgenic mice and performing mouse surgeries. She has been with this core since 1997.
- Transgenic mice: design
- Genetic construct generation: via recombineering in E. coli or yeast
- Generation of transgenic founders: injection of plasmids, BAC or lentivirus into oocytes and transplantion into foster mothers
- Generation of germline chimeric mice: injection of ES cells into blastocysts and transplantion
- ES cell culture: for gene targeting: provide a variety of ES cell lines, transfect with KO constructs, freeze and provide lysates for genotyping, expand targeted clones for mouse generation
- Establish lines: from frozen embryos from other institutions or rederive a pathogen infected transgenic line by embryo transfer
- Cryopreservation: of embryos and sperm to preserve & protect your valuable transgenic mouse lines
- Technical Services: tailvein injections, blood drawing, assist in maintaining transgenic colonies (husbandry and genotyping), timed pregnancy
- Mouse surgery: ovariectomies, vasectomies, other special surgeries, tumor removal, and tissue collection
- Maintaining several transgenic mouse models: FLPe, Cre, VISTA, P53, and NSG
- Tumor induction: using P53 kras or varient mice and Adeno-Cre lenti-virus, we can infect the lung, breast or ovary to create tumors
- Provide consultation on transgenic mice: construct design and production, overall experimental