This October, experts from Norris Cotton Cancer Center will hold a weekly virtual Breast Health Education Series.
“We are pleased to provide this October educational series on breast health,” says Mary D. Chamberlin, MD, medical director of the Comprehensive Breast Program. “Each week, we’ll feature a breast health topic that will highlight important research and illuminate thoughts from our patients. We hope you will join us for one or all of these evenings.”
October 6 | 5:30 to 7 pm
11th Annual Telling Our Stories (with Patient & Family Support Services)
This annual event honors the creative works of our patients, loved ones and staff, expressed through their journeys through cancer and other major illness. Join the community for a very special evening of readings and performances of poetry, stories and songs, and a visual art exhibit.
For more information and to register, please contact Patient and Family Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 650-7751.
October 13 | 6 to 7:30 pm
Exercise and the Patient Experience
Learn about the offerings at NCCC and in the community which promote exercise, and hear from a patient and researcher on the value of exercise as a survivorship tool. Presenters include:
- Erin Buck, Fitness and Personal Training Director, PALS for Life Director VT/NH, Upper Valley Aquatic Center
- Carin Reynolds, Head Coach, Co-founder, CReW Program with the Upper Valley Rowing Foundation
- Andrea Buccellato, Manager of Patient & Family Support Services, NCCC Programs Chair Yoga, Qigong and Pam’s Class
- Courtney J. Stevens, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
October 20 | 6 to 7 pm
Bodies After Breast Cancer: Understanding the New Normal
Learn about the ways our bodies change after a breast cancer diagnosis and how to harness the power and energy of our bodies and minds to lead a healthy life.
Topics will include post-treatment breast changes, self-breast exams, body image, menopausal changes, sexual health and intimacy, and mind-body wellness. Speakers include:
- Sarah Walsh, MSPA, PA-C, Comprehensive Breast Program
- Carol Huntley-Smith, APRN, Comprehensive Breast Program
- Annie Aquila, LICSW, Continuing Care Manager, Comprehensive Breast Program
October 27 | 6 to 7:30 pm
Grand Finale: Research and the Patient Experience
Updates on breast cancer research and clinical trials at NCCC. Meet our researchers!
- PhD students in the Todd Miller lab
- Cathy Daniels, RN, Research Nurse
- Kathleen Lyons, ScD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Geisel School of Medicine
- Richard J. Barth, Jr., MD, Professor of Surgery, Geisel School of Medicine
- Mary D. Chamberlin, MD, Medical Director, Comprehensive Breast Program, Associate Professor of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine
- Lesley A. Jarvis, MD, PhD, Clinical Research Director of Comprehensive Breast Program, Associate Professor of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine
- Todd W. Miller, PhD, Scientific Director of Comprehensive Breast Program, Associate Professor of Molecular & Systems Biology, Geisel School of Medicine
- The Real Deal: Patient Stories
Sessions are free of charge and open to patients, family, caregivers and anyone interested in learning more about breast health and research. To RSVP for one or more of these weekly virtual sessions, please register here.
Questions? Contact Paula Therrien at Paula.A.Therrien@dartmouth.edu or (603) 653-3619.