Stories: Cancer CareIn This Section
- New Protection for Prostate Cancer Patients Undergoing Radiation TherapyBy Lara Stahler
D-H's NCCC is the only hospital in Northern New England to offer a hydrogel that protects organs adjacent to the prostate, reducing side effects for patients undergoing radiation for prostate cancer.
- A New Option For Some Patients in Need of Stem Cell TransplantBy Lara Stahler
NCCC's Blood and Marrow Transplant Program now safely offers haploidentical (half-match) stem cell transplants to patients with blood cancers and disorders.
- Oncology Research Nurses at NCCCBy Lara Stahler
Oncology research nurses have a unique role. They provide excellent hands-on patient care, but also understand the research that supports the clinical trials in which their patients are involved.
- 1 West Infusion Suite Vision Becomes Reality
In a direct effort to improve patient experience and organizational efficiency, Norris Cotton Cancer Center opens a new inpatient infusion suite on 1 West.
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program Performs 1,000th Stem Cell Transplant
The Cancer Center's Blood and Marrow Transplant Program celebrates achieving 1,000 stem cell transplants since the program's inception in 1984.
- The PACT Program: Values for Service Excellence at the Cancer CenterBy Lara Stahler
Professionalism, Accountability, Compassion and Teamwork. These four values are the foundation of the Norris Cotton Cancer Centers new "PACT" program.