Stories: Our Patients. Their Stories.In This Section
- The Picture Kept Will Remind Me: Kevin LaskiBy Lara Stahler
Music enthusiast, Kevin Laski tells his story through the creation of an illustrated comic-like rock and roll movie, representing his life, memories and recurring battle with multiple myeloma.
- Downhill Skier Fighting an Uphill Battle. Andy GlussBy Lara Stahler
From Andy Glusss perspective, weekly blood tests and regular transfusions for a blood disorder qualify him as a frequent flyer in Norris Cotton Cancer Centers Hematology unit.
- Wearing a Special Badge of Honor: Anne HolmesBy Lara Stahler
Anne Holmes was fortunate to find a genetic match in her sister, Katie, and undergo a successful stem cell transplant. Katies gift also came with a little something extra that these sisters now share.
- For Better and For Worse. Michael & Gloria LopezBy Lara Stahler
Husband and wife, Michael and Gloria Lopez, share their story of nearly identical lung cancer diagnoses two years apart, and their love for the doctor who was there for them every step of the way.
- Our Patients. Their Stories. Kat BarrellBy Bonnie Barber
Part of the team that produces the Our Patients. Their Stories, Kat Barrell never imagined that someday she would share her own story as an ovarian cancer patient.
- Mustering Both Science and Human Nature to Face Prostate CancerBy Lara Stahler
Microbiologist and engineer Dick Poulin relied on science probabilities to make decisions about how to face prostate cancer, and the nature of human touch and kindness to help him through it.