Stories: CancerIn This Section
- Where Do Prouty Donations Go? Spring, 2019By Lara Stahler
Studies on post-weight-loss surgery diets, access to health insurance and a particular vitamin's valuable action in cancer treatment are underway thanks to research funds raised at the 36th Prouty.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Physicians Honored As Top Doctors in New Hampshire
The recognized physicians are named across 43 specialties ranging from behavioral pediatrics and gastroenterology to nephrology and vascular surgery.
- New Machine Learning Method Could Spare Some Women from Unnecessary Breast SurgeryBy Lara Stahler
A new machine learning method can predict the likelihood that a high-risk type of breast lesion is cancerous, potentially saving some women from unnecessary breast surgeries and overtreatment.
- Spurring Innovation in Cancer Research
A gift from the Quinn family launches a new program at Norris Cotton Cancer Center that supports investigators working to transition promising drugs and devices from the laboratory to clinical use.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Shares $9 Million NIH Cancer Research GrantBy Rick Adams
Project will work to incorporate patient-reported outcomes into cancer care.
- Hands-on Healing Arts Complement Cancer TreatmentBy Lara Stahler
Reiki and massage are relaxing, non-invasive therapies that studies show can positively impact healing and reduce anxiety, depression, and pain during and after treatment for all types of cancers.