Stories: CancerIn This Section
- Hands-on Healing Arts Complement Cancer TreatmentBy Lara Stahler
Reiki and massage are relaxing, non-invasive therapies that studies show can positively impact healing and reduce anxiety, depression, and pain during and after treatment for all types of cancers.
- Strength through Brain Cancer: Stig HansenBy Lara Stahler
Almost four years after a brain cancer diagnosis, Stig Hansen is back doing what he loves most.
- The Picture Kept Will Remind Me: Kevin LaskiBy Lara Stahler
Music enthusiast, Kevin Laski tells his story through the creation of an illustrated comic-like rock and roll movie, representing his life, memories and recurring battle with multiple myeloma.
- Where Do Prouty Donations Go? Spring 2018By Lara Stahler
Thanks to community-raised Prouty Pilot funding, Norris Cotton Cancer Center researchers and their Dartmouth collaborators are underway with novel cancer research.
- Cancer Center is a Top Priority in Medical School Campaign
The Geisel School of Medicine has launched a $250 million fundraising campaign as part of Dartmouth's institution-wide campaign, The Call to Lead, announced on April 27, 2018.
- Downhill Skier Fighting an Uphill Battle. Andy GlussBy Lara Stahler
From Andy Gluss's perspective, weekly blood tests and regular transfusions for a blood disorder qualify him as a "frequent flyer" in Norris Cotton Cancer Center's Hematology unit.