Stories: ResearchIn This Section
- New Machine Learning Method Could Spare Some Women from Unnecessary Breast SurgeryBy Lara Stahler
A new machine learning method can predict the likelihood that a high-risk type of breast lesion is cancerous, potentially saving some women from unnecessary breast surgeries and overtreatment.
- Spurring Innovation in Cancer Research
A gift from the Quinn family launches a new program at Norris Cotton Cancer Center that supports investigators working to transition promising drugs and devices from the laboratory to clinical use.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Shares $9 Million NIH Cancer Research GrantBy Rick Adams
Project will work to incorporate patient-reported outcomes into cancer care.
- NCCC Melanoma Research Goes Skin-Deep in a New Clinical TrialBy Lara Stahler
Still enjoying life eight years after being given a six percent chance of surviving metastatic melanoma, Nancy Calder joins a new NCCC clinical trial to contribute to finding a cure.
- NCCC at Dartmouth Redesignated As NCI "Comprehensive Cancer Center"
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has renewed its Cancer Center Support Grant to Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC) at Dartmouth, continuing NCCC's designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center.