When you or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, finding the care is an important step. At Dartmouth Cancer Center, we provide the best diagnosis and treatment in a compassionate, supportive environment that considers the specific needs of you and your family. We do this actively by:
- seeking and offering you the best approaches for prevention, diagnosis and treatment across many types of cancer.
- including experts in medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, genetic counseling, nursing, nutrition, social work and support services on your care team.
- collaborating closely to diagnose and analyze illness, and to develop and implement a customized plan of action for your cancer.
- offering a comprehensive range of supportive services to guide you and your family throughout your cancer care, and beyond.
- providing access to clinical trials that study new treatments.
Our approach to care is only one piece of your experience
As the leading cancer center in northern New England, we are devoted to compassionate patient care and innovative research. The Dartmouth Cancer Center is one of only 51 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Care Centers. This designation means you will benefit from the highest level of cancer treatments and leading research into treatment, prevention and control.
We have also been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as "High Performing" for Cancer Care. Our recognition includes top scores for nurse-to-patient ratio, patient survival and advanced technologies.
It is an honor to be recognized and ranked among the top centers in the country, but to us the real reward is having the privilege of caring for patients and caregivers, who are just like you and your family, all across the regions we serve.