Dartmouth Cancer Center's Patient and Family Resource Library includes books, CDs, and DVDs on a wide variety of cancer-related topics. Easy-to-locate categories range from Caregiving and Complementary Therapies to Personal Stories and Nutrition. Books on most cancers and treatment issues are also represented. Browse the collection online.
Located on Level 2 of the Cancer Center next to the Radiation Oncology waiting room (2K), our resource library is staffed part-time Monday through Friday during the day by our library volunteers. If there isn't a volunteer present to guide you, please call us at (603) 650-7751.
Our library has a comfortable reading and sitting areas as well as a computer and printer for patient and family use.
- Most of the items in the collection may be checked out by patients with cancer and family members and by Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center staff.
- Books may be signed out on the honor system; a binder with sign-out sheets sits on the library desk. A slotted box for the deposit of your completed forms sits next to the binder.
- A small number of reference books may only be used in the vicinity of the library.
- Four items may be checked out per person at a time.
- Items may be checked out for three weeks. One renewal allowed. Some exceptions are allowable. You can renew your book by calling our office at (603) 650-7751.
- If you cannot return your books in person, please pick up a postage-paid return envelope in which to mail your books. This can make borrowing and returns convenient, should you have a long distance to travel or might not return to the hospital for some time.
Patient and Family Support Services
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
After hours you may leave a message, and we will return your call the next business day.