At our Blood and Marrow Transplant Program we understand that the experience of a transplant is not just medical—it’s also personal. We recognize that when a patient receives treatment, loved ones are also affected.
We strive to enhance the comfort and quality of life of people living with cancer and those who love them.
Our programs and services pay close attention to:
- Coordination and continuity of care
- Physical and emotional comfort
- Shared-decision-making and care planning
- Transitions of care
Classes, services, and resources
We offer range of patient- and family-centered services and resources to all patients and their families from the moment of diagnosis throughout treatment and beyond.
- Accessing Health Records – Access your Electronic Health Record (EHR) through the secure myDH portal. Your EHR includes information about test results, past medical appointments, surgical procedures, hospitalizations, prescriptions, allergies, immunizations and other information.
- Billing and Insurance – For help with billing, insurance, and financial assistance
- Complementary Care Program – Offering a variety of free programs that enhance the well-being of patients and caregivers throughout the cancer journey. We offer classes, programs, support groups, healing arts, creative arts, and resources.
- Oncology Nutrition Services – Our dietitians are certified as specialists in oncology nutrition and work directly with members of your care team to support patients and care givers in managing symptoms and side effects of treatment.
- Palliative Care – Our palliative care team works closely with patients, their loved ones, and their clinicians.
- Shared decision-making – Providing help to make difficult healthcare decisions.