Gynecologic Cancer Program recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-2023
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is rated as high performing in ovarian cancer surgery and uterine cancer surgery by U.S. News & World Report in 2022-2023.
The mission of the Gynecologic Oncology Program is to provide you with complete and compassionate care for gynecologic diseases including:
- Cervical cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- Ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer
- Pelvic masses
- Uterine cancer (endometrial and sarcoma)
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
We also help women with early-stage disease as well as those concerned about genetic risk for developing gynecologic cancers.
Our gynecologic cancer specialists combine training and expertise in gynecology, surgery, and oncology. They are part of a team of experts who work together to ensure that every patient receives an accurate diagnosis, a tailored treatment plan, and comprehensive care that meets their medical, social, and psychological needs.
As part of a National Cancer Institute comprehensive research and treatment center, and members of the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), we’re working to better understand gynecologic cancers and to develop more effective ways to treat them.
We take pride in offering comprehensive care that starts the moment we meet you and continues through your treatment and beyond. Our program offers:
- Dedicated gynecologic oncologists: A gynecologic oncologist is a doctor who specializes in cancers of women's reproductive systems. These doctors work together to provide complete diagnosis and individualized treatment based on their extensive training and experience as well as the latest research. There is data supporting better outcomes for patients who are treated by gynecologic oncology specialists.
- Specialized services: We offer the latest treatment options including:
- Genetic assessment and counseling for women with a family history of cancer
- Approved targeted therapies
- Hormonal therapy
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- New treatment options in clinical trials
- Options for women concerned about infertility due to cancer treatment
- Patient- and family-centered care: Our integrated cancer care includes educational and supportive services to enhance comfort and quality of life from the diagnosis through all phases of treatment.
- Convenient, close-to-home regional locations: Our advanced care is available at our central Lebanon, NH location, but patients also can receive gynecologic surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation in Manchester.
- Clinical trials: Our patients have access to the latest clinical trials and new therapies.
- Screening and prevention strategies
: We offer cervical cancer screening and human papillomavirus (HPV) screening and vaccination to help reduce risk of developing cervical cancer.
Your first step is to meet with us. During your visit, your doctor will discuss your condition, answer your questions, and describe what happens next.