Our hemophilia program is one of three Federally Designated Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Centers in northern New England.
We have the only onsite diagnostic coagulation lab within a 100-mile radius of Lebanon and the only diagnostic coagulation clinic in New Hampshire. We conduct hundreds of pediatric and adult new patient workups for congenital thrombosis and bleeding disorders each year, and clinic evaluations are held twice weekly.
Our Blood Bank maintains a full complement of hemophilia products to manage any hemophilia problem or emergency.
Services we provide
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary hemophilia care
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of abnormal bleeding
- Family studies and genetic counseling for inherited disorders of thrombosis and hemostasis
- Hemostasis planning for invasive procedures, pregnancy, and childbirth
- Personalized thrombophilia screening and thrombosis risk assessment
- Recommendations for thromboprophylaxis and anticoagulant bridging therapy
All patients with moderate or severe hemophilia are candidates for home IV factor infusion. Currently, 90% of patients meeting the criterion over 5 years of age self-infuse or are infused by a family member.
Additional support and care for patients
- Anticoagulant clinic patient management
- Factor replacement products
- Genetic counseling for bleeding and thrombosing disorders, and testing of susceptible individuals
- Management of therapy-resistant thrombosis
- On-site diagnostic coagulation laboratory providing rapid turnaround for factor assays and other specialized studies, including platelet aggregations
- Patient registry that facilitates rapid and appropriate emergency treatment
- Qualitative and quantitative assays for diagnosing bleeding and thrombosing disorders
- Risk assessment and risk management in patients with idiopathic and cancer-associated thrombosis
- Screening for viral exposure associated with clotting factor and for joint morbidity associated with congenital bleeding disorders