The Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program at Norris Cotton Cancer Center provides advanced, research-based care. From expert examination and staging using the latest testing and imaging methods to the newest therapies, including those being tested in clinical trials, we offer the most advanced care close to home.
Our interdisciplinary team of melanoma experts includes specialists in dermatology, plastic surgery, surgery, medical oncology, pathology, radiation oncology and palliative care. Your appointments with these specialists are efficiently coordinated, to provide you with the very best individualized treatment plan and eliminate unnecessary delays. We collaborate closely with the referring physician and other care providers and provide a complete range of medical and supportive services. Whether you have a condition that needs further testing or an established cancer diagnosis, we take a team approach to tailoring the best plan for your individual needs.
As part of a nationally recognized cancer research and treatment center, the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program is deeply involved with innovative research to understand how melanoma develops, and how to better prevent and treat it. As one of 27 research institutions in the Cancer Immunotherapy Trials Network (CITN), funded by the National Cancer Institute, we are working to learn more about agents that boost the patient’s own immune system to fight cancer. Our scientific discoveries shape the care you receive, and provide the most advanced and comprehensive care available.
We offer (as needed):
- Full specialized diagnostic imaging and examination procedures
- Advanced treatments for melanoma and other skin cancers as well as for benign (non-cancerous) conditions
- Personalized care delivered by a team of specialized melanoma experts
- Access to local and national clinical trials
- Novel therapies such as the latest in immunotherapy, targeted therapy and cutting-edge surgical techniques
- Genetic risk assessment for patients with a strong family history of melanoma through our Familial Cancer Program
- Support services for the health and well-being of patients, families and caregivers
- World-class care delivered at state-of-the-art facilities close to home
With locations throughout [link] New Hampshire and Vermont [link], we’re large enough to offer world-class care as close to your home as possible, but small enough to know you as a person, not a case number. Your comprehensive care starts the moment we meet you and continues through your treatment and beyond.
Your first step is to meet with us. During your visit, your doctor will discuss your condition, answer your questions and describe what happens next.