The Pediatric Brain Tumor Clinic is a multidisciplinary treatment team of specialists from pediatric neurology, pediatric neurosurgery, and pediatric oncology.
Our resources include:
- A nationally-known pediatric epilepsy group for children whose tumors are associated with seizures
- A dedicated group of pediatric neuropsychologists with expertise in children's brain function and cognitive processes
- A pediatric rehabilitation program headed by Nancy Bagley, MD, offering Physiatry and physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Expertise in pediatric nursing care, including intensive care
- An active Child Life Program
- The PainFree Program, run by pediatric anesthesiologists who strive to make procedures and tests as easy as possible for children of all ages
We have experience in managing all types of pediatric brain tumors and other children's nervous system tumors. Treatment techniques such as intraoperative stereotactic-guided surgery, neuroendoscopy, radiosurgery, and other state-of-the-art technologies are all available at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Many patients may be eligible to participate in studies and new treatment trials. Our patients benefit from being treated in an accredited children's hospital with special pediatric expertise on site in many related fields such as neurology, endocrinology, pediatric anesthesia, critical care, and child development.
We recognize that caring for a child with a brain tumor affects the whole family, and we are dedicated to making treatment as child-friendly and family-centered as possible while doing everything possible to improve the outcome and quality of life of each patient.