The Radiation Oncology clinic at Norris Cotton Cancer Center treats around 1,000 new clients with cancer each year. We provide many different types of treatment options. Generally, they are used independently, but sometimes they can be combined along with other treatment modalities such as surgery and chemotherapy to provide the best outcome.
Our comprehensive radiation therapy services provide many options to our patients. Once a full diagnostic workup has been completed, your therapy team, lead by the physicians at Norris Cotton Cancer Center, will review the options specific to your illness and help you decide the best course for your treatment.
- Provide expert and compassionate clinical care
- Discover new ways to improve your clinical outcome with cancer
- Increase our understanding of the biology of cancer
- Educate the next generation of experts and leaders in radiation oncology
We know that radiation therapy can be overwhelming, and we have experienced staff within the hospital and the Cancer Center to help you process the information and come to the decision that best meets your goals and expectations of recovery.
Our technology includes
- 1 Trilogy System® with high definition MLC and on-board imaging
- 2 GE CT scanner (16 slice big bore) with 4D image acquisition
- 2 TrueBeam accelerators with real time fiducial marker tracking and 6DoF couches
- 3 2100 CD accelerators: 1 with OBI, 1 dedicated breast accelerator, 1 research accelerator
- 6 Varian linear accelerators, X-ray energies 6, 10, and 18 MV All of the accelerators are equipped for IMRT and EPID (intensity modulated radiation therapy, electronic portal imaging) and VisionRT real time surface monitoring
- Eclipse treatment planning system to include GPU driven mulit-criteria optimization in 2019
- External beam partial breast irradiation
- Gated lung treatments (4D)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic radiotherapy
- Total body irradiation for bone marrow transplant
- Total skin irradiation for mycosis fungoidies
- Velocity deformable image registration
- World's first clinical trials of Cherenkov emission imaging during radiotherapy