This page is for our colleagues in the radiation oncology field, and we share information about our:
- News and upcoming presentations
- NIH grants
- Past meeting presentations
- Research retreats
News and upcoming presentations
October 12, 2021
Tuesday, October 12, Nirav Kapadia, MD., Radiation Oncologist & Medical Director for Levy Health Care Delivery Incubator at Dartmouth Hitchcock will co-led a discussion with Mary Oseid, MS, Senior Vice President, Regional Strategy and Operations, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health of opportunities and challenges – including controversial questions - about leading innovation from within an established institution.
October 24-27, 2021: 63rd Annual Meeting of ASTRO
Multiple presentations from the Dartmouth radiation oncology program are slated for the 63rd Annual Meeting of ASTRO, which will take place at McCormick Place West in Chicago, October 24-27, 2021.
These presentations include an oral presentation by Mahbubur Rahman, currently a doctoral student in medical physics. Drs. Gobind Gill and Melanie Rose, both trainees in the radiation oncology medical residency program, are presenting original work.
Mr. Daniel Alexander, currently a doctoral student in the medical physics graduate program, has also been selected as one of the recipients of a 2021 Annual Meeting Abstract Award for his oral platform research abstract titled "Radiotherapy-Induced Cherenkov Emission in Color." He will be presenting at the 63rd Annual Meeting of ASTRO as well.
October 26, 2021
The 2021 class of Fellows will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Chicago during ASTRO's 63rd Annual Meeting. The ASTRO Fellows program recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to the Society and to the field of radiation oncology through research, education, patient care, and service to the field. Since its inception in 2006, the FASTRO designation has been awarded to just 394 of ASTRO’s 10,000 members worldwide.
- Community-led Action Research in Oncology: Pandemic-appropriate Radiotherapy Innovations Evaluated for LMICs
- Direct and Repeated Clinical Measurement of pO2 for Enhancing Cancer Therapy
- Irradiation, Preclinical Imaging, & Microscopy (IPIM)
- Optical Cherenkov Imaging Dosimetry in Human Radiotherapy
Past meeting presentations
AAPM 63rd Annual Meeting and Exhibition, July 25-29, 2021
- Cherenkov Imaging for TSE Patients Using Cameras from Multiple Angles (PDF)
Timothy C. Zhe, Yihong Ong, Wqeili Zhong, Hongjing Sun, Mario Gallardo, Petr Bruza, Tianshun Miao, Andreea Dimofte, Amit Maity, John P. Plastaras, Ima Payder, Lei Dong, and Brian W. Pogue
- Comparing Patient Setup Techniques Utilizing Optical Surface Guidance and Conventional Tattoo/Laser Alignment From Cherenkov Image Consistency Metrics (PDF)
R. Hachadorian, D. Alexander, E. Chen, D. Gladstone, G. Gill, M. Jermyn, R. Zhang, P. Bruza, L. Jarvis, B. Pogue.
- Electron FLASH in Clinical Setting: LINAC Conversion, Commissioning and Treatment Planning (PDF)
M. Rahman, M. Ramish Ashraf, D. Gladstone, P. Bruza, L. Jarvis, P. Schaner, X. Cao, B. Pogue, P. Jack
Hoopes, R. Zhang
- Micro-CT Enables Margin Assessment of Full Tissue Surface in Breast Conserving Surgery Without Impeding Clinical Workflow (PDF)
B. Maloney, R. Zuurbier, R. Diflorio Alexander, S. Streeter, W. Wells, R. Barth, K. Paulsen, B. Pogue
- Pulse Resolved Beam Characterization and Feedback for FLASH-RT Using Radioluminescent Dosimeters (PDF)
M. Ramish Ashraf, Mahbubur Rahman, Rongxiao Zhang, Xu Cao, Benjamin B. Williams, P. Jack Hoopes, David J. Gladstone, Brian W. Pogue, Petr Bruza
- Spatiotemporal Dose Characterization of an Electron FLASH Beam from a LINAC via Radioluminescence and Cherenkov Imaging (PDF)
M. Rahman, M. Ramish Ashraf, R. Zhang, D. Gladstone, X. Cao, B. Williams, P. Jack Hoopes, B. Pogue, P. Bruza
- Using the Planning CT Scan for Pixel-to-Pixel Corrections of Cherenkov Intensity for Dose Imaging (PDF)
R. Hachadorian, D. Alexander, E. Chen, D. Gladstone, G. Gill, M. Jermyn, R. Zhang, P. Bruza, L. Jarvis, B. Pogue
- Why Cherenkov Emission During Radiotherapy is Not Strongly Dependent on Beam Energy (PDF)
S. Decker, D. Alexander, R. Hachadorian, R. Zhang, D. Gladstone, P. Bruza, B. Pogue
Our scientists and researchers regularly publish PubMed articles in the radiation oncology field.
Saturday, November 13th, 2021
1st Annual Research Retreat for the Section of Radiation Oncology
In-person (Zoom/WebEx optional)
7:30 am to 12:00 noon
For more information, please contact Pamela Easton.