The mission of the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program is to use a team approach to provide both state-of-the-art and personalized care for patients with lung, esophageal, and other thoracic cancers, such as mesothelioma and thymoma.
Dr. David Finley talks about the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program
Our program offers
- Specialized thoracic surgery including robotic surgery, video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and minimally invasive esophageal surgery, including esophagectomy. These advanced techniques mean smaller incisions, less pain after surgery, and a quicker return to normal activities.
- State-of-the-art thoracic radiation oncology including advanced radiosurgery with Trilogy™ and MRI-guided LINAC.
- The largest interventional pulmonology service in northern New England: Our interventional pulmonology services are provided by pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons. We offer advanced diagnostics including electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound as well as treatment of tumors within the airway using techniques including rigid bronchoscopy, spray cryotherapy, laser therapy and stenting.
- Specialized gastroenterology for people with esophageal cancer: We offer the most advanced techniques, including esophageal ultrasound, laser therapy, stenting therapy, endomucosal resection and radiofrequency ablation.
- New treatments: Our patients have access to the latest clinical trials and new therapies.
- Thoracic surgical pathology services available for consultation and second-opinion review of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung disease.
- Thoracic medical oncologists specializing in the development of new treatments for thoracic cancers.
- Lung cancer screening: Chest radiologist who specializes in screening and imaging for thoracic malignancies.
- Help to quit smoking: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Tobacco Treatment Program is open to anyone who wants to end their dependence on tobacco.
- Support services for the health and well-being of patients and caregivers
As part of a nationally recognized cancer research and treatment center with locations throughout New Hampshire and Vermont, we’re large enough to offer world-class care, but small enough to know you as a person.
We take pride in offering comprehensive care that starts the moment we meet you and continues through your treatment and beyond.
Your first step is to meet with us. During your visit, your doctor will discuss your condition, answer your questions and describe what happens next.
Lung and Thoracic Cancer Clinic
Our Lung and Thoracic Cancer Clinic ensures you receive care from an expert team well-versed in your diagnosis and treatment. An interdisciplinary clinic brings together doctors, specially trained nurses, care managers, dietitians, and scheduling coordinators to provide personalized and complete cancer care. Your care is provided through one point of contact and in one location.
We are able to coordinate individual visits with several providers into a single day. This also allows you to meet with many specialists to design the best possible treatment plan without long delays between appointments. Once a treatment plan is developed, you are often able to receive part of their treatment close to home with one of our regional partners.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every patient sees the right physicians in the right order, gets the necessary tests with timely and accurate results, understands the diagnosis and the best treatment options, and has complete support throughout the process with the best outcomes possible.