Surviving and Thriving Without Tobacco
November 18, 2021
6:00 to 7:00 pm
Learn how tobacco use changes the body and brain, the benefits of quitting, and how to get help.
The mission of the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program is to use a team approach to provide both state-of-the-art and personalized care for patients with lung, esophageal, and other thoracic cancers, such as mesothelioma and thymoma.
Our program offers
- Specialized thoracic surgery including robotic surgery, video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and minimally invasive esophageal surgery, including esophagectomy. These advanced techniques mean smaller incisions, less pain after surgery, and a quicker return to normal activities.
- State-of-the-art thoracic radiation oncology including advanced radiosurgery with Trilogy™ and MRI-guided LINAC.
- The largest interventional pulmonology service in northern New England: Our interventional pulmonology services are provided by pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons. We offer advanced diagnostics including electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound as well as treatment of tumors within the airway using techniques including rigid bronchoscopy, spray cryotherapy, laser therapy and stenting.
- Specialized gastroenterology for people with esophageal cancer: We offer the most advanced techniques, including esophageal ultrasound, laser therapy, stenting therapy, endomucosal resection and radiofrequency ablation.
- New treatments: Our patients have access to the latest clinical trials and new therapies.
- Thoracic surgical pathology services available for consultation and second-opinion review of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung disease.
- Thoracic medical oncologists specializing in the development of new treatments for thoracic cancers.
- Lung cancer screening: Chest radiologist who specializes in screening and imaging for thoracic malignancies.
- Help to quit smoking: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Tobacco Treatment Program is open to anyone who wants to end their dependence on tobacco.
- Support services for the health and well-being of patients and caregivers
Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is rated as high performing in lung cancer surgery by U.S. News & World Report in 2021-2022.