Our breast surgeons and nurse practitioners work with other specialists in the Breast Program. We offer expert diagnosis and advanced surgical treatments for a full range of breast conditions.
Conditions we treat
- As part of an interdisciplinary team of experts, our surgical oncologists provide treatment planning and surgical care for the full range of breast cancer diagnoses, including new approaches being studied in clinical trials.
- Our surgeons also are experienced in rare and uncommon breast cancer conditions such as Phyllodes tumors.
- Our experienced nurse practitioners and surgical oncologists also provide diagnosis and treatment of benign breast conditions such as breast pain and infections, and non-cancerous breast lumps.
Treatments and procedures
- Evaluation and treatment of benign breast conditions.
- Breast biopsies including minimally invasive and image-guided biopsies performed in radiology, and surgical biopsies.
- Standard and advanced breast surgical procedures including lumpectomy, mastectomy, and skin and nipple preserving mastectomy.
- Often, mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction are performed in a single procedure in collaboration with our plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
- Surgical evaluation of the axillary lymph nodes using sentinel lymph node excision and axillary dissection when necessary.
Our surgical oncologists advance their knowledge through local and national research and clinical trials.