Our surgeons in the Endocrine Surgery Program are highly trained and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine conditions including benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
As part of the Endocrine Tumors Program, our surgeons work together with endocrinology and metabolism specialists, radiologists, pathologists, and medical and radiation oncologists, to provide expert diagnosis and the latest treatment options, including minimally invasive surgeries.
Conditions we treat
- Benign thyroid conditions including nodules, cysts and goiters
- Hyperthyroidism including Graves’ disease and toxic adenomas
- Thyroid cancers including papillary carcinoma, follicular carcinoma, and medullary carcinoma
- Metastatic thyroid cancer with lymph node involvement
- Parathyroid problems including primary, secondary, and tertiary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid cancer
- Benign and cancerous adrenal tumors including adenomas and pheochromocytomas
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes
Treatments and procedures
Advanced and minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of endocrine conditions and tumors including:
- Thyroid fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies and expert pathology analysis
- Surgeon-performed ultrasound
- Thyroid surgery including partial and total removal
- Lymph node dissections
- Minimally invasive parathyroid surgery
- Intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring
- Laparoscopic and traditional open adrenal surgery
Our surgical oncologists advance knowledge of surgical treatment options and outcomes for endocrine tumors through research and clinical trials.