The Head and Neck Program team provides comprehensive diagnosis and advanced treatment options for cancers of the head and neck, including tumors affecting the:
- Throat and oral cavity (mouth, tongue, tonsils, pharynx, larynx, upper trachea, upper esophagus)
- Nose and sinuses
- Salivary glands
- Skin of the head and neck
Whether you have a condition that needs further testing or a cancer diagnosis, you will receive patient-centered diagnosis, therapy, and rehabilitation services from a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team of specialists. We also help you and your family confront the challenges of difficult treatment decisions by offering a range of support services and resources.
We combine scientific discoveries with the latest technology and treatment options to provide the most comprehensive cancer care available in northern New England. As part of a nationally recognized cancer research and treatment center with locations throughout New Hampshire and Vermont, we’re large enough to offer world-class care, but small enough to know you as a person, not a case number.
- A team of experts: Specialists from a range of medical disciplines work together to provide complete diagnosis and individualized treatment based on their training, experience, and the latest research. Our team includes experts in otolaryngology: head and neck surgery, reconstructive surgery, oral surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and palliative care.
- Our comprehensive approach: Care begins with a thorough evaluation that includes diagnostic assessment with both imaging and non-imaging techniques. Treatment may combine oncologic surgery and microvascular reconstruction, transoral robotic surgery, laser resections, radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and/or chemotherapy, or may include novel therapies being developed in clinical trials.
- Patient- and family-centered care: Our team includes a dedicated nurse navigator, and we offer a range of educational, medical, and supportive services such as physical therapy, speech pathology, and nutrition services, to enhance comfort and quality of life from the moment of diagnosis through all phases of treatment.
- Help with tobacco-free living: The Tobacco Treatment Program offers evidence-based strategies to help you become and stay tobacco-free in a supportive and judgement-free environment.
- Convenient, close-to-home regional locations: In addition to our central location in Lebanon, New Hampshire, patients can elect to receive chemotherapy and/or radiation in one of our regional locations.
We take pride in offering comprehensive care that starts the moment we meet you and continues through your treatment and beyond.
Your first step is to meet with us. During your visit, your doctor will discuss your condition, answer your questions and describe what happens next.