The Head and Neck Cancer Program provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for cancers of the head and neck, including tumors affecting the:
- Lips, tongue, tonsils, palate, mouth and jawbone
- Pharynx and larynx
- Skin of the head and neck region
- Upper trachea and upper esophagus
The program ensures you receive, patient-centered care from a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team of specialists. Our team work together to provide your diagnosis, cancer therapy, and rehabilitation services. We also help you confront the challenges of difficult treatment decisions, offering a range of support services and information for patients and their families.
Part of a nationally recognized cancer research and treatment center, the Comprehensive Head and Neck Cancer Program also:
- Fosters a rich academic and research environment
- Provides world-class training and education for current and future leaders in the field of head and neck oncology
We combine scientific discoveries with the latest technology and treatment options to provide the most comprehensive cancer care available in New Hampshire and northern New England.
- Our team of experts: Head and neck cancer specialists from a range of medical disciplines work together to provide complete diagnosis and individualized treatment based on their training, experience, and the latest research. Our team includes experts in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and palliative care.
- Our comprehensive approach: Care begins with a thorough evaluation that includes diagnostic assessment with both imaging and non-imaging techniques. Treatment may combine oncologic surgery and microvascular reconstruction, radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and/or chemotherapy, or may include novel therapies being developed in clinical trials.
- Patient- and family-centered care: Our team includes a dedicated care manager, and we offer a range of educational, medical, and supportive services such as physical therapy, speech pathology, and nutrition services, to enhance comfort and quality of life from the moment of diagnosis through all phases of treatment.
- Convenient, close-to-home regional locations: In addition to our central location in Lebanon, NH, we provide head and neck surgery consultations in Manchester, and patients can elect to receive chemotherapy and/or radiation in one of our regional locations.