Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being, and the well-being of your loved ones is an important part of your care journey.
We offer a wide range of support services including classes, support groups, and other services for patients with head and neck cancer and family caregivers.
Visit our Patient and Family Support pages to learn more about what is available for head and neck cancer patents, and their families and supporters.
Education and resources for patients
Below is a list of online resources you can use to learn more about head and neck cancers and the services available.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
- American Cancer Society (ACS): ACS has information on treatment options for all cancers, prescription discount programs, drivers to help with travel to appointments, and other services and information. Your call will be directed to the ACS office nearest your home. You can call 24 hours a day, every day, including holidays.
- American Head and Neck Society (AHNS)
- CancerCare: A national organization that provides free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer.
- Cancer Hope Network: Free, confidential, one-on-one support.
- Cancer Information Service: Part of the National Cancer Institute. Anyone can call to seek cancer-related information. The information operators speak both English and Spanish. They can also answer calls made through a telecommunications relay service (TRS) provider by people who are deaf or hard of hearing. The service also provides live, online assistance via instant messaging.
- Cancer.Net: Oncologist-approved cancer information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Caregivers Action Network: Addresses the practical and emotional needs of family caregivers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Head and Neck Cancer Alliance: Formerly known as the Yul Brynner Head and Neck Cancer Foundation.
- Head and Neck Cancers Online Support Group/ListServ: Practical tips and support. This is a password-protected listserv. Use the link above to access the list. From there, locate the Options box on the right. If you need a password, click Get Password. If you already have a password, just click Log In.
- HealthCentral.com: Head and neck cancer overview on consumer information site.
- Healthfinder: Developed by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Links to online journals, medical dictionaries, minority health, and prevention and self-care.
- International Association of Laryngectomees (IAL)
- Lance Armstrong Foundation (LiveStrong): Information on counseling and insurance issues, and clinical trial matching.
- National Cancer Institute
- National Library of Medicine: The world’s largest medical library. It provides information and research services in all areas of medicine and health care. See also MedlinePlus.
- RadiologyInfo.org: Information on radiation therapy and options. Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer (SPOHNC)
- WebWhispers: Online support group dedicated to people with questions about larynx cancer, treatments, surgery, recovery, and life after laryngectomy surgery.