Facing a breast problem may feel stressful and overwhelming. We’re here to help at every step of the way, from the moment you meet us through the completion of your treatment.
On this page:
Meet with us
If you have a breast concern, please schedule an appointment with us. During your visit, we will explain your condition, answer your questions and discuss your next steps. We may also discuss ways to support your health through diet, exercise and wellness resources.
Our Patient Support Corps can help you prepare for your appointment and decide what questions to ask. They can also support you during appointments by taking notes. With permission, they may also be able to record your appointments for you.
Diagnosis and treatment
After your first appointment, you may be scheduled for additional tests to help with a diagnosis or you may receive treatment recommendations. We may suggest tests to gather more information on your condition. These tests may include imaging (mammography, ultrasound, MRI) or biopsy. We tailor your treatment plan to your condition and priorities. Your treatment may include:
- Hormone therapy
- Treatment for a benign (non-cancerous) condition
Your provider will explain what’s involved and answer your questions.
Our schedulers will coordinate appointments for any tests, treatments, or visits you may have with other specialists. If you’d like to learn more before making a choice about your treatment, we’ll connect you with people who can help you make the right decisions for you.
Learning more about your condition, what we offer and what others have experienced can help you feel more in control of your health as you weigh your options.
- Breast cancer and conditions – We design our personalized care to treat benign (non-cancerous) breast conditions as well as breast cancer.
- Clinical trials – We screen every patient to make sure you find out about studies for which you are eligible. By participating in a clinical trial, you may benefit while contributing to the health of future generations.
- Complementary Care Program – We offer many free services and programs that enhance the well-being of patients and caregivers throughout the cancer journey.
- Diagnosis and treatment – We create advanced treatments specifically for your condition, circumstances and preferences.
- Familial Cancer Program – Genetic counseling is available for people who may have an increased risk of cancer because of their personal and/or family history.
- FAQ – Read frequently asked questions about breast cancer and other conditions.
- Shared decision-making – We help you navigate the process of making and communicating difficult healthcare decisions.
One of the best things that happened to me [was joining] a telephone support group. I had the opportunity to speak with women in the same situation as me. I got a feeling of hopefulness in a very frightening time in my life.Karen